This spring, we're hoping to spread some sunshine by holding a 'grow your own sunflower' competition!
Not only do sunflowers brighten our gardens, but bees and insects love them too, and the seed heads provide food for birds. Apply for your free Seed Packet below, and join in the fun! A small prize will be awarded for the:
- Tallest plant (cm)
- Biggest bloom (cm)
- Most fabulous photo - which must include your sunflower but you may also wish to include people or wildlife
Sunflowers are very easy to grow - check out this guide from Gardener's World.
Send us regular updates of how your flowers are doing on social media, or to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see your photos!
Rules are as follows:
- You're welcome to plant more than one if you like!
- Flowers may be grown in pots or planted in the ground
- The flower must have been planted and grown this year
- The competition is free to enter, although any donations are welcome, and gratefully received.
- Final photos and measurements to be sent in to email@example.com by Friday 3 September (although you may submit your entry any time before this date, if you wish). Please include your contact details.
- Winner to be announced at our September conference (more details to follow).